Will be posting every now and then because it is just to much to post at once.
All from my experience and some research I have done.Not all SR20 motors are the same.
There are lots of different versions of the SR20 (de,ve,det,vet,VCT Det) they are definately not the same even if the parts look the same.
- FWD and RWD is different.
- FWD and RWD is different. And as far as I know the S14/S15 block is different from non VCT blocks. (not 100% sure tho) FWD block dont fit RWD. RNN14 GTI-R Pulsar/Sunny blocks are different from all other and built the strongest
- All SR use the same chain, Chain guides.
- Chain tensioner on VCT has oil feed hole in different place from FWD and non VCT. Roller Rocker has a slightly longer reach than other tensioners.
- oil pump and timing gear cover differ alot between DE, DET, VE and DET RWD.
- oil pump capacities and pressures differ. DE is weakest apparently then DET then VE.
- oil pump has to match head or at least the 2 bolts from the head. RWD and FWD crank pulleys differ and they don't all fit straight on.
- RWD VCT has different intake and exhaust cam gears (VCT and worm gear for CAS). RWD non VCT only has different exhaust cam gear.